15% per annum
Cattle Ranch Bangladesh is a cattle rearing and selling farm business that sources different size and quality bulls from different parts of the country. They are planning to purchase bulls which they will rear and sell targeting Eid-ul Adha. This is a halal buy-and-sell campaign, and investors will be able to enjoy a projected ROI of 5% for an investment period of 4 months (approximately 15% per annum).
Cattle Ranch Bangladesh
Written by Cattle Ranch Bangladesh
We started in 2018 with our first dairy project starting with 5 cows and started our first fattening project in 2019 and have been successful till date. We started with 5 bulls in 2019 and till today we have been able to raise more than 400+ cattle. We have been working in this industry for 5 years and recently we have diversified our business in cattle food industry.
The business is looking at a long term prospect with investors. This is the first investment which they are doing as a halal buy-and-sell financing. In future, they plan to go on profit-loss sharing (Musharakah) contract. The result of this investment opportunity will help them enter into longer contracts through the platform.
Visit their Facebook page by clicking
Farm address: Munshi Hati Masjid road (near Badsha Mia School), Kamrangirchar, Dhaka Hazaribagh
💡 Is the business Shariah-compliant?
- The business model (selling bulls) is Shariah-compliant.
- However, according to our Shariah Advisors, biniyog.io and the investors will NOT be liable if the day-to-day operations of the business are not fully Shariah-compliant.
This is because investors will be going into a Murabaha (sale contract), not profit-sharing or partnership. Please find contract details in the “Contract” section below.
💡 Is there any investment risk involved?
Investments have risks by definition, especially if they are halal. Please find possible risk details for this campaign in the “Risk” section below.
Written by Cattle Ranch Bangladesh
Mr. Farhan Ashraf Malik is the owner of Cattle Ranch Bangladesh. He is looking to grow his business by onboarding external partners so that he can cater to the Eid-ul Adha demand. In his words:
“I studied ACCA. After finishing my studies I joined my family business and from a young age have a fascination about bulls, which like everyone we used to buy in our religious occasion of Eid-ul Adha. From there, passion led me to achieve a goal of having my own bull farm. Now its successful and we plan to make this farm into one of the best in town.”
- Having two setups (one in Dhaka and another in Pabna) for sourcing and rearing cows allows the business to avail good quality cows.
- Significant online presence lets the business to attract customers more easily.
- Selling mid-range to premium-range bulls during eid.
- Experience of rearing and trading 400+ cows
The investment is for a period of 4 months, from beginning of March 2023 to July 2023.
Projected ROI (total): 5%
Projected ROI (annualized): 15%
biniyog.io will NOT charge the investors any fees for its services.
Example: if someone invests BDT 100k in the project, he/she can expect to receive a total of BDT 105k by first week of July 2023.
- Investors will go into a Murabahah agreement (sale contract) with Cattle Ranch Bangladesh for purchasing different price-ranges and qualities of bulls.
- It will be a “buy-and-sell” process where investors will first buy cattle through biniyog.io. Cattle Ranch Bangladesh will then buy the cattle from investors on credit and pay the amount over 4 months in 1 instalment.
- biniyog.io will act as an agent for the investors and buy the cattle, take necessary ownership and risk of asset possession on their behalf, and then sell to Cattle Ranch Bangladesh
- biniyog.io has proposed a price to Cattle Ranch Bangladesh for the cattle after considering a minimum 5% profit on actual cost of product procurement. Cattle Ranch Bangladesh has agreed to it.
- Investors can expect to get their returns over 4 months in 1 instalment:
- 100% by 10th of July ’23
Investors appoint biniyog.io as an agent to deal on their behalf (Wakalah) and invest into the business through buy and sale of assets under a fixed return (Bai Murabaha) agreement.
biniyog.io‘s Shariah advisors have approved the basis and application of this Murabahah contract.
- Death of an asset: Livestocks bear the risk of sudden death. In such cases, business incurs a loss of capital.
- Cattle Ranch Bangladesh’s strategy: After purchase, the business takes vet services from two vets who are well-known in this line of work. Having proper veterinary services available reduces the chance of death of livestocks significantly. Moreover, the business keeps a good level of profit margin from selling the bulls. Therefore, small unfortunate accidents might be resolved by the business by taking proper measures
- Mismatch with expected level of growth after rearing: After raising the bulls for the intended period of time, there is a possibility that the growth won’t be as anticipated. The business’s profit margin might be significantly impacted by this.
- Cattle Ranch Bangladesh’s strategy: The business maintains proper diet plans for the livestock.They buy and get some cows ready for selling it to the other cattle farms.Therefore, the business owner has ample experience of tracking and predicting the growth of the cattle.
- Sales drop due to the contractionary economy: The pandemic and Russia-Ukraine war-related economic slowdown have begun to have a negative impact on our nation’s overall economy. In order to deal with the crisis, customers are cutting back on their spending. For Cattle Ranch, this may have an impact on the sale of bulls during Eid-Ul-Adha. Bangladesh’s revenue will suffer because the majority of livestock farms derive the majority of their income from selling bulls during Eid
- Cattle Ranch Bangladesh’s strategy: Usually, farms sell-off their inventory several weeks before Eid. This is because because of the buying pattern of their client base. This lets the business avoid price uncertainty and clearing of inventory.
- Price hike of cattle feed: Price of almost everything has gone up in recent days. If the price of cattle feed goes up significantly, the profit margin of the business might be hurt significantly.
- Cattle Ranch Bangladesh’s strategy: The business owner has his own cattle feed business that lets him avail special discounts on the price. This also lets the business avoid price uncertainty.
biniyog.io will buy the bulls on behalf of investors first and secure ownership. The bulls will then be handed over to Cattle Ranch Bangladesh within a very short time frame.
Cattle Ranch Bangladesh would have the right to reject the bulls due to quality etc. The risk is expected to be minimal since Cattle Ranch Bangladesh themselves will be choosing the bulls before biniyog.io buys them.
This is a necessary risk to ensure Shariah compliance of the transaction.
The business is Qurbani (Eid-ul Adha) focused. The business will receive payments right before Eid, and are not expected to delay payments more than 10 days after Eid.
Cattle Ranch Bangladesh will share repayment cheque with biniyog.io. A personal guarantee security cheque will also be kept from the business owner.
This investment opportunity is based on a first come first serve basis. Your investment is secured only after your transfer-proof has been received. If the investment quota is already filled, your transferred amount shall be returned.
Return of your capital is NOT guaranteed. Investment, by default, requires a risk appetite. Past performance is not a guaranteed indicator of future outcomes.
biniyog.io only acts as a consultant to the investor and the business, and does NOT manage funds for any party.
biniyog.io does risk assessment to a certain extent, but will NOT be liable if the business does not perform as per expectation.
For any questions, please use the chat icon on the right or leave a message.
This campaign is now live on biniyog.io!The funding campaign has started. The target is BDT 12 lac with a stretch goal of BDT 15 lac.