12% per annum
Chillox is looking to raise finance to meet growing market demand and ensure stable working capital. The funds will be used to maintain a higher stock inventory of imported raw materials that have limited supply and high prices in the domestic markets. These include imported fries, gourmet beef, premium cheese, fish fillet etc. These materials will be bought in bulk to maintain smooth supply throughout the year.
This is a halal “buy-and-sell” (Murabaha) campaign, and investors will be able to enjoy an ROI of about 12%* repaid over 12 months (in 5 instalments).
*subject to investment risk (details below)
Written by Chillox – verified by biniyog.io ✅
Chillox is a retail QSR (Quick Service Restaurant) burger chain based in Bangladesh. Established in 2016, the fast-food brand prioritizes providing meals at the best value for money and works towards expanding all across Bangladesh.
Chillox had a humble beginning. Started as a small food cart in Mohakhali, Chillox has 17 branches out of which 13 are located in Dhaka and the rest are located in Mymensingh, Chittagong, and Narayanganj. They have 3-4 new outlets in the pipeline that are soon to be opened. The owners envision to integrate the brand into the food culture of the youth, and provide superior experience at an affordable price for the consumers.
To meet the growing demand, Chillox needs to finance its working capital. The funds will be used to maintain a higher stock inventory of imported raw materials that have limited supply and high prices in the domestic markets. These include imported fries, gourmet beef, premium cheese, fish fillet etc. These materials will be bought in bulk to maintain smooth supply throughout the year. This helps Chillox to maintain fixed prices of its burgers.
Head office: 11 Bir Uttam AK Khandakar Rd, Dhaka 1212 (Behind BRAC University)
💡 Is the business Shariah-compliant?
- The business model (selling fast food item) is Shariah-compliant
- However, according to our Shariah Advisors, biniyog.io and the investors will NOT be liable if the day-to-day operations of the business are not fully Shariah-compliant.
This is because investors will be going into a Murabaha (sale contract), not profit-sharing or partnership. Please find contract details in the “Contract” section below.
💡 Is there any investment risk involved?
Investments have risks by definition, especially if they are halal. Please find possible risk details for this campaign in the “Risk” section below.
Chillox is a partnership firm with 3 active partners.
Pranto Bhowmick: Mr. Pranto has completed BBA from Delhi University and also holds an MBA from the Institute of Business Administration (IBA), Dhaka University. He looks after the operations and supply chain of the business. He has over 8 years experience in the field.
Ahmed Faiz: Mr. Faiz has completed BBA (Finance) and MBA (Marketing) from the Institute of Business Administration (IBA), Dhaka University. He oversees the finances and planning of the organisation. He is also experienced in the fields of market research and product management.
Maruf Hassan Nirjhor: Mr. Nirjhor holds BBA (Finance) and MBA (Marketing) from the Institute of Business Administration (IBA), Dhaka University. He has prior experience in the industry and is responsible for formulating the marketing strategies of Chillox. The owners of Chillox intend to expand the business to all major districts of the country and build a stronger brand value in the industry.
- Heavy online presence, particularly in Facebook
- Established brand value and reputation as one of the renowned burger joints in Dhaka city
- Consistent sales volume
The investment is for a period of 12 months, expected from June 2023 to May 2024.
Projected ROI: 12% per annum
biniyog.io will NOT charge the investors any fees for this service.
Example: if someone invests BDT 100k in the project, he/she can expect to receive a total of BDT 112k by May 2024.
- Investors will go into a Murabahah agreement (sale contract) with Chillox Ltd.for purchasing raw food items such as gourmet beef, premium cheese, frozen fries, etc..
- It will be a “buy-and-sell” process where investors will first buy products through biniyog.io. Chillox Ltd. will then buy those items from investors on credit and pay the amount over 12 months in 5 instalments.
- biniyog.io will act as an agent for the investors and buy the products, take necessary ownership and risk of asset possession on their behalf, and then sell to Chillox Ltd.
- biniyog.io has proposed a price to Chillox Ltd.for the products after considering a minimum 12% profit on actual cost of product procurement. Chillox Ltd. has agreed to it.
- Investors can expect to get their returns over 12 months in 5 instalments:
- 10% by the end of Sep’23
- 10% by the end of November’23
- 10% by the end of January’24
- 10% by the end of March’24
- Final 60% by the end of May’24
Investors appoint biniyog.io as an agent to deal on their behalf (Wakalah) and invest into the business through buy and sale of assets under an advanced buy-and-sell (Bai’ Murabaha) agreement.
biniyog.io‘s Shariah advisors have approved the basis and application of this Bai’ Murabaha contract.
- Possibility of accidental damage in cold storage facility: Chillox has their own cold storage facility. As the business is looking to purchase some raw food items in bulk (e.g. frozen fries), any accidental damage in the cold storage facility or any technical failure of the cooling system will hurt the operation of the business heavily resulting in decreased profit.
- Chillox’s strategy: The business uses the storage on a daily basis now. They already purchase many raw food items in bulk and store it in the cold storage. Therefore, they have to ensure proper measures for keeping the storage facility up and running all the time.
- Massive competition: Among the top burger joint players, rivalry is robust frequently resulting in harsh fights for market share. Farmhouse, Burger King, Takeout and American Burger all compete vigorously to attract and keep customers through attractive pricing, advertising, and introduction of new products. To differentiate themselves from their competitors, the businesses have to come up with differentiating products and services constantly.
- Chillox’s strategy: Chillox has recently been opened at Lalbag and new outlets of Chillox are about to be opened at new areas such as Mirpur 12 and Badda. However, expanding outlets in new areas does not necessarily indicate that the business is slashing through its profitability for its expansion. Rather, this will help the business to tap new markets, serve the demand in those areas and help to plant its footprint in those markets for the long term resulting in steady flow of profits coming in from those branches after the business settles in.
- Inflation and macroeconomic issues: Food industries have started to suffer the crisis caused by the price hike of raw materials and the cost of operations. This leads to a cut-down on the profit margin of the businesses. Further inflationary pressure is likely to affect almost every kind of restaurant business including Chillox.
biniyog.io will buy the products on behalf of investors first and secure ownership. The products will then be handed over to Chillox Ltd.within a very short time frame.
Chillox Ltd. would have the right to reject the products due to quality etc. The risk is expected to be minimal since Chillox Ltd. themselves will be choosing the items before biniyog.io buys them.
This is a necessary risk to ensure Shariah compliance of the transaction.
biniyog.io has done in-house analyses of the projected returns of the business and they are expected to be able to repay on time, if not hugely impacted by macroeconomic issues.
Please note that the business may be given an incentive in the form of a discount on early repayment, which can only come in effect if the investors agree.
Following example is an illustration:
If the business repays within 10 months, the markup profit can be 11% (instead of 12%). This benefits both parties – the business has to pay back less and investors get their money back faster at a higher annual rate of return (e.g. 11% in 10 months means 13.2% per annum)
Chillox Ltd. will share instalment cheques with biniyog.io. A personal guarantee security cheque will also be kept from the business owner.
This investment opportunity is based on a first come first serve basis. Your investment is secured only after your transfer-proof has been received. If the investment quota is already filled, your transferred amount shall be returned.
Return of your capital is NOT guaranteed. Investment, by default, requires a risk appetite. Past performance is not a guaranteed indicator of future outcomes.
biniyog.io only acts as a consultant to the investor and the business, and does NOT manage funds for any party.
biniyog.io does risk assessment to a certain extent, but will NOT be liable if the business does not perform as per expectation.
For any questions, please use the chat icon on the right or leave a message.
This campaign is now live on biniyog.io!The funding campaign has started. The target is BDT 15 lac with a stretch goal of 20 lacs.