15% per annum
10 installments (Starting from the 3rd month)
Khati Organic is an online retail shop that sells organic products through its Facebook page and website. The business is seeking fund for expanding their product line and increase the current stock of products.
Investors can expect to get an ROI of 15%* over 12 months. *subject to investment risk (details below)
Khati Organic was started at the end of 2018. The business provides both retail and wholesale services to their customers through both online and offline channels. The business was awarded as a member of Bangladesh E-Commerce Association for providing online home delivery of essential products to customers during Corona Pandemic.
Why the funding is required:
The funding is mainly needed to expand the product line and the market to acquire more customers and increase the overall sales.
Senpara Parbata, Mirpur 10, Dhaka.
Explore: Facebook | Customer FB group
💡 Is the business Shariah-compliant?
- The business model (selling fast food item) is Shariah-compliant
- However, according to our Shariah Advisors, biniyog.io and the investors will NOT be liable if the day-to-day operations of the business are not fully Shariah-compliant.
This is because investors will be going into a Murabaha (sale contract), not profit-sharing or partnership. Please find contract details in the “Contract” section below.
💡 Is there any investment risk involved?
Investments have risks by definition, especially if they are halal. Please find possible risk details for this campaign in the “Risk” section below.
Mr. Shariful Alam Sohail is a graduate with a Masters of Business Administration (MBA) from Pabna University of Science and Technology.
He has been involved in the world of online business since 2012. The journey of his organization started with the aim of working on solving the food adulteration problem. He is the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of this organization.
The owner has a vision of entering into the export market to enrich the name of the business along with strengthening the flow of revenue.
- Heavy online presence, particularly on Facebook
- Verified promising growth of revenue
- Owner with ample knowledge of the products and the market
The investment is for a period of 12 months, expected from June 2023 to June 2024.
Projected ROI (for the duration of the project): 15%
Projected ROI (annualized): 15%
biniyog.io will NOT charge the investors any fees for this service.
Example: if someone invests BDT 100k in the project, he/she can expect to receive a total of BDT 115k by June‘24.
- Investors will go into a Murabahah agreement (sale contract) with Khati Organic Ltd.for purchasing raw ghee, mustard oil, spices, peanut butter etc..
- It will be a “buy-and-sell” process where investors will first buy products through biniyog.io. Khati Organic Ltd. will then buy those items from investors on credit and pay the amount over 12 months in 10 instalments.
- biniyog.io will act as an agent for the investors and buy the products, take necessary ownership and risk of asset possession on their behalf, and then sell to Khati Organic Ltd.
- biniyog.io has proposed a price to Khati Organic Ltd.for the products after considering a minimum 15% profit on actual cost of product procurement. Khati Organic Ltd.has agreed to it.
- Investors can expect to get their returns over 12 months in 10 instalments:
- 10% in September’23
- 10% in October’23
- 10% in November’23
- 10% in December’23
- 10% in January24
- 10% in February’24
- 10% in March’24
- 10% in April’24
- 10% in May’24
- Final 10% in June’24
Investors appoint biniyog.io as an agent to deal on their behalf (Wakalah) and invest into the business through buy and sale of assets under a buy-and-sell (Bai Murabaha) agreement.
biniyog.io‘s Shariah advisors have approved the basis and application of this Murabahah contract.
- Maintaining documents: biniyog.io has been able to verify the financial documents extensively, as the owner maintains a very good income reporting structure. This should give investors confidence.
- Quality Control: Ensuring the consistent quality and freshness of organic products can be challenging, especially during storage and delivery. Customers may become dissatisfied if the products they receive do not meet their expectations.
- Khati Organic’s strategy: Khati Organic has their own factory in Pabna, where the workers regularly produce ghee and peanut butter. Moreover, the sourcing of other products are supervised strictly to ensure the expected quality. Additionally, a full-capacity warehouse is currently located next to their office. The business will soon rent a larger warehouse to store the new productions.
- Delivery Issues: Timely delivery is critical for customer satisfaction. Delays, mishandling, or damaged products during shipping can harm the reputation of the online shop and result in customer dissatisfaction.
- Khati Organic’s strategy: Because Khati Organic uses delivery partners with a good tracking system and schedule maintenance. The business also maintains constant follow-ups with its delivery partners to maintain proper delivery schedules.
- Competition: The online organic food market is becoming increasingly competitive. Competing with established online platforms and other organic food shops can be challenging, requiring effective marketing strategies and unique selling points to differentiate their shop from the competition.
- Khati Organic’s strategy: Khati Organic has a dedicated sales team of seven professionals who ensure the success of their digital campaigns for Facebook marketing. They also communicate with customers for feedback and resolve customer complaints.
- Supply Chain Disruptions: Dependence on suppliers for organic products may lead to supply chain disruptions. Factors such as weather conditions, crop failures, or other unforeseen events can affect the availability of products, leading to potential stock shortages and dissatisfied customers.
- Khati Organic’s strategy: The business has a good connection with the sourcing points of the business. This lets the business know any possible issues such as product shortage, logistical issues, etc. beforehand.
- Inflation: An increase in the price of raw materials would have an effect on selling prices to local buyers, possibly resulting in a decrease in sales volume.
- Khati Organic’s strategy: This is a macro issue. However, Khati Organic has a plan to mitigate this issue to some extent by sourcing some of its products in bulk quantity.
- Possibility of political turmoil following the upcoming election: Our assessment assumes that there will be some macroeconomic turmoil towards the end of 2023 before the general election. This may impact any business.
- biniyog.io has done in-house analyses of the projected returns of the business and they are expected to be able to repay on time, if not hugely impacted by macroeconomic issues.
Please note that the business may be given an incentive in the form of a discount on early repayment, which can only come in effect if the investors agree.
Following example is an illustration:
If the business repays within 10 months, the markup profit can be 14% (instead of 15%). This benefits both parties – the business has to pay back less and investors get their money back faster at a higher annual rate of return (e.g. 14% in 10 months means 16.8% per annum)
biniyog.io will buy the products on behalf of investors first and secure ownership. The products will then be handed over to Khati Organic Ltd.within a very short time frame.
Khati Organic Ltd. would have the right to reject the products due to quality etc. The risk is expected to be minimal since Khati Organic Ltd. themselves will be choosing the items before biniyog.io buys them.
This is a necessary risk to ensure Shariah compliance of the transaction.
Khati Organic Ltd. will share instalment cheques with biniyog.io. A personal guarantee security cheque will also be kept from the business owner. Additionally, the business will be providing a guarantor as well.
This investment opportunity is based on a first come first serve basis. Your investment is secured only after your transfer-proof has been received. If the investment quota is already filled, your transferred amount shall be returned.
Return of your capital is NOT guaranteed. Investment, by default, requires a risk appetite. Past performance is not a guaranteed indicator of future outcomes.
biniyog.io only acts as a consultant to the investor and the business, and does NOT manage funds for any party.
biniyog.io does risk assessment to a certain extent, but will NOT be liable if the business does not perform as per expectation.
For any questions, please use the chat icon on the right or leave a message.
This campaign is now live on biniyog.io!The funding campaign has started. The target is BDT 12 lac.