15% per annum
5 installments (Starting from the 5th month)
Run Leather, a concern of “prottasa-bd.com”, is a leather brand. It offers a range of high-quality leather products, including loafers, leather wallets, and belts. The business is seeking capital in order to purchase products in bulk for customer base of both Run International and prottasa-bd.com.
Investors can expect to get an ROI of 15%* over 12 months (15% annualized). *subject to investment risk (details below).
Written by Run Leather – verified by biniyog.io ✅
Run Leather sells products that are made entirely of genuine leather. Run is a leather brand that offers a range of high-quality leather products, including loafers, leather wallets, and belts. The company specialises in creating stylish and durable leather goods that are both functional and fashionable.
The business officially started in 2015, and it has been running successfully for 8 years (Alhamdulillah). Since they have been in business for eight years, they are gaining expertise and client trust, which helps them to grow their revenue. Their distinguishing features are their high-quality products at reasonable costs, as well as their excellent customer service.
They are now doing considerably better than before, and their business is growing. They need the fund because they are trying to expand their business by making more sales, marketing, and by introducing new products.
Run International (trade license name) is a concern of prottasa-bd.com. The business will purchase leather goods and sell them through their leather brand. The business will also utilize some of the funds to purchase electronic gadgets that will be sold through the channels of its main concern, which is prottasa-bd.com.
1268/1, Monipur, Mirpur, Dhaka -1216
Facebook | Website 1 | Website 2
💡 Is the business Shariah-compliant?
- The business model (selling leather goods such as bags, wallet, purse, electronic gadgets, etc.) is Shariah-compliant
- However, according to our Shariah Advisors, biniyog.io and the investors will NOT be liable if the day-to-day operations of the business are not fully Shariah-compliant.
This is because investors will be going into a Murabaha (sale contract), not profit-sharing or partnership. Please find contract details in the “Contract” section below.
💡 Is there any investment risk involved?
Investments have risks by definition, especially if they are halal. Please find possible risk details for this campaign in the “Risk” section below.
Md. Mosharraf Hussain has bachelor’s and master’s degrees in accounting. He worked for 2.5 years for Apex Footwear Ltd. as Apex E-Commerce Lead. He has a very good relationship with business. Currently, the business is focusing on providing a better customer experience. Their vision is to create a sustainable business model in the fashion and lifestyle markets with PROTTASA and to lead the leather industry with Run Leather.
Mr Mosharraf officially started the business in 2015, and it has been running successfully for 8 years (Alhamdulillah). Since 2016, they have been E-CAB members, and he completed the E-Commerce Entrepreneurship Programme, organised by the University of Dhaka, ICT Division, LICT, BCS, and E-CAB.
- Establishing a reputation as a Bangladeshi leather brand.
- Owner with remarkable level of understanding of the market.
- Multi-channel business model.
The investment is for a period of 12 months, expected from May 2023 to May 2024. Payment to be cleared by first week of June ’24.
Projected ROI (annualized): 15% per annum
biniyog.io will NOT charge the investors any fees for this service.
Example: if someone invests BDT 100k in the project, he/she can expect to receive a total of BDT 115k by Jun ‘24.
- Investors will go into a Murabaha agreement (sale contract) with Run International for purchasing leather items such as loafers, leather wallets, and belts, etc.
- It will be a “buy-and-sell” process where investors will first buy products through biniyog.io. Run International will then buy those items from investors on credit and pay the amount over 12 months in 5 instalments.
- biniyog.io will act as an agent for the investors and buy the products, take necessary ownership and risk of asset possession on their behalf, and then sell to Run International.
- biniyog.io has proposed a price to Run International for the products after considering a minimum 15% profit on actual cost of product procurement. Run International has agreed to it.
- Investors can expect to get their returns over 12 months in 5 instalments:
- 18% by first week of November’23
- 18% by first week of January’24
- 18% by first week of March’24
- 18% by first week of May’24
- Final 28% by first week of Jun’23
Investors appoint biniyog.io as an agent to deal on their behalf (Wakalah) and invest into the business through buy and sale of assets under a buy-and-sell (Bai Murabaha) agreement.
biniyog.io‘s Shariah advisors have approved the basis and application of this Murabahah contract.
- Production houses might jeopardize the order: The business has dedicated contracts with certain production houses who are responsible for making and delivering the required leather goods of the business. Sometimes, production houses tend to make mistakes while making products. Such mistakes result in dropping down the standard quality of the products that end up hurting the sales of a business.
- Run Leather’s strategy: The business owner has a good level of knowledge and networking in the arena of leather goods production. He has been able to establish connections with good production houses that keeps the business from facing any “jeopardized” order situation.
- Fierce Competition: The number of local sellers of leather goods have increased significantly nowadays. This has resulted in huge competition among the current players in this line of business. As a comnparatively newer brand, Run Leather may face a hard time to stay profitable in this market.
- Run Leather’s strategy: Run International is a concern of PROTTASHA.com. The main business has already established a good reputation among its current customers. Customers can also access the website of Run International when they are browsing the website of PROTTASHA.com. It is expected that the current customer base of the main concern will be showing a good response to the newly launched leather brand.
- Inflation: An increase in the price of raw materials would have an effect on selling prices to local buyers, possibly resulting in a decrease in sales volume.
- Run Leather’s strategy: The business will be purchasing some products in bulk to avoid the uncertainty of further price hike of leather and electronic goods. Price convenient sourcing channels will be used (recommended by the business) to purchase the required products.
- Possibility of political turmoil following the upcoming election: Our assessment assumes that there will be some macroeconomic turmoil towards the end of 2023 before the general election. This may impact any business.
- biniyog.io has done in-house analyses of the projected returns of the business and they are expected to be able to repay on time, if not hugely impacted by macroeconomic issues.
Please note that the business may be given an incentive in the form of a discount on early repayment, which can only come in effect if the investors agree.
Following example is an illustration:
If the business repays within 10 months, the markup profit can be 14% (instead of 15%). This benefits both parties – the business has to pay back less and investors get their money back faster at a higher annual rate of return (e.g. 14% in 10 months means 16.8% per annum)
biniyog.io will buy the products on behalf of investors first and secure ownership. The products will then be handed over to Run Leather within a very short time frame.
Run Leather would have the right to reject the products due to quality etc. The risk is expected to be minimal since Run Leather themselves will be choosing the items before biniyog.io buys them.
This is a necessary risk to ensure Shariah compliance of the transaction.
Run Leather will share instalment cheques with biniyog.io. Additionally, a security cheque will be kept. The business will also arrange a guarantor.
This investment opportunity is based on a first come first serve basis. Your investment is secured only after your transfer-proof has been received. If the investment quota is already filled, your transferred amount shall be returned.
Return of your capital is NOT guaranteed. Investment, by default, requires a risk appetite. Past performance is not a guaranteed indicator of future outcomes.
biniyog.io only acts as a consultant to the investor and the business, and does NOT manage funds for any party.
biniyog.io does risk assessment to a certain extent, but will NOT be liable if the business does not perform as per expectation.
For any questions, please use the chat icon on the right or leave a message.
This campaign is now live on biniyog.io!The funding campaign has started. The target is BDT 15 lac.