9 installments (Starting from the 4th month)
M/S. S.K. Footwear is a stock-lot business that works with export-oriented sports shoes. It’s mainly a wholesale business. The business needs funding for purchasing products in bulk so that special discount prices can be availed along with product line expansion into ladies shoes.
Investors can expect to get an ROI of 17%* over 12 months (17% annualized). *subject to investment risk (details below)
S.K. Footwear sells sports shoes that are mostly export-oriented. As the export-oriented shoes are considered to be better in quality, there is a huge demand for them in our domestic market as well. The business purchases the shoes from the manufacturers directly and sells them to many retail and wholesale shops.
The business officially started in 2022 as M/S. S.K. Footwear. It has been able to maintain a good level of revenue so far. The business has an established sales channel that lets it enjoy a smooth area for transactions. The business has recently opened a physical outlet at Jahangir Nagar University area for expanding its retail sales.
The business currently deals with only men’s shoes. The main customer base of the business are retail shops and online page (f-commerce) businesses. It is looking to expand its product line into ladies shoes as well due to the significant demand of that particular segment. The business will also be expanding its customer base by increasing its supply of products.
Aambagan gate, Shantiniketan, Jahangir Nagar University area, Dhaka.
💡 Is the business Shariah-compliant?
- The business model (selling sports shoes) is Shariah-compliant
- However, according to our Shariah Advisors, biniyog.io and the investors will NOT be liable if the day-to-day operations of the business are not fully Shariah-compliant.
This is because investors will be going into a Murabaha (sale contract), not profit-sharing or partnership. Please find contract details in the “Contract” section below.
💡 Is there any investment risk involved?
Investments have risks by definition, especially if they are halal. Please find possible risk details for this campaign in the “Risk” section below.
Mr. Measbaul Shahed is a student of the Geography and Environment department of Jahangir Nagar University. From the very beginning of his university life, he has had a great urge to explore the business world. He started working with a start-up named Shopkpr (ShopkprTechnologies Pvt. Ltd.). It was a B2B supply chain solution business. Later on, he started to explore the footwear industry with a vision of building a brand of his own. With that vision, he started the wholesaling business of stock-lot shoes.
His aim is to build a high quality footwear brand in Bangladesh.
- Good stream of revenue.
- Owner with a good level of knowledge of the market.
- Established sourcing and selling channels.
The investment is for a period of 12 months, expected from May 2023 to May 2024.
Projected ROI (annualized): 17% per annum
biniyog.io will NOT charge the investors any fees for this service.
Example: if someone invests BDT 100k in the project, he/she can expect to receive a total of BDT 117k by May ‘24.
- Investors will go into a Murabaha agreement (sale contract) with S.K. Footwear for purchasing sports shoes (in bulk).
- It will be a “buy-and-sell” process where investors will first buy products through biniyog.io. S.K. Footwear will then buy those items from investors on credit and pay the amount over 12 months in 9 instalments.
- biniyog.io will act as an agent for the investors and buy the products, take necessary ownership and risk of asset possession on their behalf, and then sell to S.K. Footwear.
- biniyog.io has proposed a price to S.K. Footwear for the products after considering a minimum 17% profit on actual cost of product procurement. S.K. Footwear Ltd.has agreed to it.
- Investors can expect to get their returns over 12 months in 9 instalments:
- 5% in September’23
- 5% in October’23
- 5% in November’23
- 10% in December’23
- 10% in January’24
- 10% in February’24
- 15% in March’24
- 20% in April’24
- Final 20% in May’24
Investors appoint biniyog.io as an agent to deal on their behalf (Wakalah) and invest into the business through buy and sale of assets under a buy-and-sell (Bai Murabaha) agreement.
biniyog.io‘s Shariah advisors have approved the basis and application of this Murabahah contract.
- Not getting the expected volume of products: The business sources the products from the manufacturer directly. Sometimes, the manufacturers tend to deliver less products than the business demands. This happens due to sudden unavailability or surged demand of the products.
- M/S. S.K. Footwear ’s strategy: The business owner has an optimum level of networking with the manufacturers. Therefore, he gets to know if there is any possibility of supply shortage beforehand. Additionally, the business purchases from different sources to keep the supply flow stable. The business owner is also working on getting onboard with new suppliers.
- Inflation: An increase in the price of raw materials would have an effect on selling prices to local buyers, possibly resulting in a decrease in sales volume.
- M/S. S.K. Footwear ’s strategy: The business is planning to make some bulk purchases with the funding. This step is expected to mitigate the price hike issue to a tolerable level.
- Possibility of political turmoil ahed of the upcoming election: Our assessment assumes that there will be some macroeconomic turmoil towards the end of 2023 before the general election. This may impact any business.
biniyog.io has done in-house analyses of the projected returns of the business and they are expected to be able to repay on time, if not hugely impacted by macroeconomic issues.
Please note that the business may be given an incentive in the form of a discount on early repayment, which can only come in effect if the investors agree.
Following example is an illustration:
If the business repays within 10 months, the markup profit can be 15% (instead of 17%). This benefits both parties – the business has to pay back less and investors get their money back faster at a higher annual rate of return (e.g. 15% in 10 months means 18% per annum)
biniyog.io will buy the products on behalf of investors first and secure ownership. The products will then be handed over to M/S. S.K. Footwear within a very short time frame.
M/S. S.K. Footwear would have the right to reject the products due to quality etc. The risk is expected to be minimal since M/S. S.K. Footwear themselves will be choosing the items before biniyog.io buys them.
This is a necessary risk to ensure Shariah compliance of the transaction.
M/S. S.K. Footwear will share instalment cheques with biniyog.io. Additionally, a personal guarantee security cheque will be kept from the business owner. Additionally, a guarantor will be provided by the business owner as well.
This investment opportunity is based on a first come first serve basis. Your investment is secured only after your transfer-proof has been received. If the investment quota is already filled, your transferred amount shall be returned.
Return of your capital is NOT guaranteed. Investment, by default, requires a risk appetite. Past performance is not a guaranteed indicator of future outcomes.
biniyog.io only acts as a consultant to the investor and the business, and does NOT manage funds for any party.
biniyog.io does risk assessment to a certain extent, but will NOT be liable if the business does not perform as per expectation.
For any questions, please use the chat icon on the right or leave a message.
This campaign is now live on biniyog.io!The funding campaign has started. The target is BDT 9 lac with a stretch goal of BDT 10 lac.