12% per annum
10 instalments (every month from 3rd month)
Safe Food is an agri business raising funds through biniyog.io for the second time. They will utilize the funds to deliver at least 2000 dozens of eggs every week to a renowned super shop.
This is a “buy-and sell” (Murabahah) contract where investors can expect to get an ROI of 12%* over 12 months.
*subject to investment risk (details below)
Safe Food 
APYZ Safe Foods Agro Ltd. is an agriculture based private company which started from 2016. Safe Food is a social movement against adulteration and harmful effects of different food items that we consume daily and the directors directly supervise the quality of the products delivered.
The directors of the company are social entrepreneurs, consisting of graduates from Bangladesh Agricultural University (BAU) Mymensingh and Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology (BUET).
Their business is located in Mymensingh, and the products are distributed in Dhaka, Mymensingh, Chattogram and Sylhet.
Safe Food has an MoU with a renowned super shop to deliver Omega 3 eggs and Regular eggs twice a week. However, they will need an investment to manage regular delivery in the initial months, as payments are usually made every 15-20 days by the super shop.
Safe Food is raising fund for the second time through biniyog.io. They have previously entered into a profit-sharing contract that is currently in the repayment phase. They have been sharing profits consistently in the last 12 months.
Explore: Facebook Page
Head Office: House-33, Road-5, Block-B, Banasree, Dhaka
Mymensingh Office: Safe Agri Tech Valley, Unairpar, Mymensingh
Is there any investment risk involved?
Investments have risks by definition, especially if they are halal. Please find possible risk details for this campaign in the “Risk” section below.
How is ‘fixed returns’ halal?
This is a sale contract (Murabaha) approved by our Shariah advisors, where investors will purchase products first (biniyog.io will facilitate the purchase), and then sell to Safe Foods at a mark-up. This mark-up amount against sold product is the fixed return / profit for investors.
Details under “Contract conditions” and “Possession of Assets” part below.
Chairman & CEO: Muhammad Ahsan Habib
Mr Ahsan Habib is passionate about entrepreneurship from the early stage of his life, and that inspired him to be a social entrepreneur since 2009. He completed his B.Sc in Animal Husbandry and M.Sc in Animal Breeding & Genetics from Bangladesh Agricultural University, Mymensingh.
He received a social entrepreneur award at the English Olympiad in 2018. Mr. Ahsan wants sustainable development in the agricultural sector in Bangladesh and he has devoted himself to the development of livestock industry & agriculture. He introduces himself as a social entrepreneur because of his strong beliefs that he and his team can contribute for the betterment of the society with innovative ideas and latest technology
- MoU to deliver eggs with a renowned super shop, who are unlikely to miss payments.
- Stable cash cycle and profit on the product.
- Understanding of the business with subject matter knowledge.
- On-time profit payment in the last 12 months to investors who invested through biniyog.io in September ’21.
The investment is for a period of 12 months, from mid November 2022 to mid November 2023.
(Exact date will be finalized after financing is complete)
Projected ROI (annualized): 12%
biniyog.io will NOT charge the investors any fees for this service.
Example: if someone invests BDT 100k in the opportunity, he/she can expect to receive a total of BDT 112k by end of November 2022.
- Investors will go into a Murabahah agreement (sale contract) with Safe Food for purchasing Poultry Feed & Eggs.
- It will be a “buy-and-sell” process where investors will first buy the products through biniyog.io. Safe Food will then buy those items from investors on credit and pay the amount over 12 months in 10 instalments.
- biniyog.io will act as an agent for the investors and buy the products, take necessary ownership and risk of asset possession on their behalf, and then sell to Safe Food.
- biniyog.io has proposed a price to Safe Food for the products after considering a minimum 12% profit on actual cost of product procurement. Safe Food has agreed to it.
- Investors can expect to get their returns over 12 months in 10 instalments:
- 10% of total repayment every month between Feb’23 to Nov’23
Investors appoint biniyog.io as an agent to deal on their behalf (Wakalah) and invest into the business through buy and sale of assets under an advanced buy-and-sell (Bai’ Murabaha) agreement.
biniyog.io‘s Shariah advisors have approved the basis and application of this Bai’ Murabaha contract.
- Profitable: Safe Food had raised financing for business expansion in Sep’21 through biniyog.io platform, and has shared profits every quarter so far. They maintain financial statements by collecting sales information using an automated software for their shop, and also for their trade and poultry businesses.
- Fragile product: Egg is fragile and has a limited shelf-life. A certain temperature and quality also needs to be maintained for the products to be accepted by the super shop. Safe Food is an expert in this line, which is why they received the MoU. But still, there are risks in handling fragile products and biniyog.io has considered a loss of 5% products, which still makes the business profitable and will enable them to repay on time.
- Diversified business: Safe Food has a diverse line of products and businesses. This reduces their risk at being dependent on only one products. Their business lines are:
- Poultry & Egg sale
- Trade of commodities
biniyog.io will buy the products on behalf of investors first and secure ownership. The products will then be handed over to Safe Food within a short time frame.
Safe Food would have the right to reject the products due to quality etc. The risk is expected to be minimal since Safe Food themselves will be choosing the items before biniyog.io buys them.
This is a necessary risk to ensure Shariah compliance of the transaction.
Safe Food has one running investment with biniyog.io, which they will repay in Apr’23.
Besides, the business also has investments from different sources, which have different repayment timelines.
biniyog.io had several discussions with Safe Food before fixing the repayment structure, and this is the best format in which they should be able to repay every instalment on time.
Please note that the business may be given an incentive in the form of a discount on early repayment, which can only come in effect if the investors agree.
Following example is an illustration:
If the business repays 100% within 8 months, the markup profit can be 9% (instead of 12%). This benefits both parties – the business has to pay back less and investors get their money back faster at a higher annual rate of return (e.g. 9% in 8 months means 13.5% per annum against current 12% per annum)
Safe Food will share instalment cheques with biniyog.io. A personal guarantee security cheque will also be kept from one of the business directors.
This investment opportunity is based on a first come first serve basis. Your investment is secured only after your transfer-proof has been received. If the investment quota is already filled, your transferred amount shall be returned.
Return of your capital is NOT guaranteed. Investment, by default, requires a risk appetite. Past performance is not a guaranteed indicator of future outcomes.
biniyog.io only acts as a consultant to the investor and the business, and does NOT manage funds for any party.
biniyog.io does risk assessment to a certain extent, but will NOT be liable if the business does not perform as per expectation.
For any questions, please use the chat icon on the right or leave a message.
This campaign is now live on biniyog.io!The funding campaign has started. The target is BDT 10 lac